The Contender / The Ultimate Fighter

Off-topic general chat. Talk about anything here.
UFC
Respected Uploader

The Contender / The Ultimate Fighter

Post by UFC » Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:10 pm

It was great to see Sakio Bika emerge victorious in the third series of the boxing reality tv show The Contender last week. Sakio was born in Africa but now resides and trains in Sydney. Fellow aussie competitor Sam Soliman who hails from Melbourne did us proud placing a respectable third in the series taking home $145,000 in prize money while Sakio pocketed the winners purse of (US)$750,000. It was the first time any aussies have been in The Contender which is produced by Sylvester Stallone and hosted by boxing great Sugar Ray Leonard.

For those interested we have an aussie in the latest series of The Ultimate Fighter reality tv show, which is also a first. George Sotiropoulos who comes from Geelong has already won his debut fight with a first round KO against opponent Jared Rollins.

graemeoonnee
Forum contributor

Post by graemeoonnee » Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:15 pm

Hi
His Wife Linda ,works with me
Great to see others with support
Cheers

Babalu
Respected Uploader

Post by Babalu » Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:15 am

Sotiropoulos is a good fighter but too bad hes a complete cock.

mystikai
Forum contributor

Post by mystikai » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:22 am

Babalu wrote:Sotiropoulos is a good fighter but too bad hes a complete cock.
I've trained with him and that statement is just right.

UFC
Respected Uploader

Post by UFC » Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:32 pm

Thankfully TUF isn't a popularity contest :)
I don't know the bloke personally but i'm behind him just because he's an aussie representing ;) He seems likeable enough on the show even though a few of the other contestants are pissed at him only because he didn't bother to wake their slack arses up in the mornings, boo bloody hoo. Anyway he won his quarter final bout against Richie Hightower and now moves on to the semis. A good effort so far I think.

UFC
Respected Uploader

Post by UFC » Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:38 pm

Well that's the end of George's run, KO'd in the first round of his semi final bout :? it was a shitty fight considering he copped an illegal thumb in the eye and couldn't see properly. The tool who thumbed him was warned twice about keeping his fingers away from George's face before the damaging eye poke was eventually delivered. Of course he may have lost anyway but at least there would be no doubt. Rematch!

Badger
Making some noise

Post by Badger » Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:45 pm

George Dominated in his fight in the Final :D

Would have loved to see George vs Mac Danzig.. Would have been a great fight.

UFC
Respected Uploader

Re: The Contender / The Ultimate Fighter - Warning: Spoilier

Post by UFC » Thu May 20, 2010 2:08 am

Just letting you all know we have a new Aussie fighter in the current season (Season 11) of The Ultimate Fighter. Kyle Noke from Mooloolaba QLD has already won his first two fights. The first fight gained him entrance into the series and impressed coach Chuck Liddell enough to be made the first pick in the Team Liddell lineup. Kyle used to do security work for Steve Irwin and his family for a few years and says that he wouldn't be in the competition if it wasn't for their help. Let's hope his success continues.
Kyle_Noke-The_Ultimate_Fighter-Season_11.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

UFC
Respected Uploader

Woods vs Mundine

Post by UFC » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:38 am

Congrats to Garth "From the Hood" Wood for winning the The Contender Australia and taking out Anthony "No longer The Man" Mundine last Wednesday. So awesome to see someone shut him up :lol:

Some more good news for fight fans, UFC 127 will be held in Sydney on Sunday 27th February 2011. Tickets go on sale Thursday 16th December. If you're interested in going get in quick because the last one that was held in Australia sold out in a couple of hours, i'm sure this one will be the same ;) http://au.ufc.com/news/127-on-sale-announcement
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

UFC
Respected Uploader

Re: The Contender / The Ultimate Fighter

Post by UFC » Wed May 07, 2014 4:45 pm

I Just had to post this gif I made of Australian Peter Graham delivering a beautifully executed front kick to the head of former American soldier Eric Prindle in "Bellator 104". He does it about a second before the bell for the end of the final round sounded. It's a wonder he didn't break his neck :shock:

Return to “General Chat”