Penthouse & Picture Australian Magazine Websites

Off-topic general chat. Talk about anything here.
Hopesfall
Making some noise

Penthouse & Picture Australian Magazine Websites

Post by Hopesfall » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:33 pm

I'm not sure if anyone else here has ever frequented these sites, but I must admit they've dropped the ball completely on both.

Penthouse have resorted to using a basic wordpress template and now only show maybe 2-3 pictures of each pet of the month. They also do not show full frontal nudity. I confronted them about this on their site's comment form and their excuse is that they cannot host content of that nature on a .com.au domain. Fair enough, however they can simply drop the .au TLD and stick with .com.

Picture Magazine used to have a comprehensive archive of all their pinups ranging back years. They've now completely removed their entire archive and the oldest update is around August 2011. They've also made their picture sizes as small as possible! So, now, a lot of the links for girl's shoots that were linked to from here no longer work :evil:

Is anyone else just as bemused as I am considering digital being the future and they've resorted to crippling their girl archives? They don't offer digital subscriptions for either magazine. And don't get me started on People Magazine; they don't even have a web presence.

Anyone else share my frustration? :twisted:

mr_cell
Respected contributor

Re: Penthouse & Picture Australian Magazine Websites

Post by mr_cell » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:00 pm

Yes, I have noticed that too and agree with you.

I'm also annoyed that I can't seem to easily source back issues of PH Black Label anymore. There's a particular issue from a couple of years ago I'd like to buy as the Pet of the Month is someone I know but back issue availability seems to have dried up as well.

Hopesfall
Making some noise

Re: Penthouse & Picture Australian Magazine Websites

Post by Hopesfall » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:34 pm

mr_cell wrote:I'd like to buy as the Pet of the Month is someone I know but back issue availability seems to have dried up as well.
Which makes the whole point of selling digital subscriptions and back issues all the more lucrative for them, and yet they're not doing so. I have no idea who operates these magazines but they are clueless. I can say the same for Zoo Weekly, too. :roll:

Return to “General Chat”