Kyle Sandilands - Your Thoughts?

Off-topic general chat. Talk about anything here.
Shaggie
Respected contributor

Kyle Sandilands - Your Thoughts?

Post by Shaggie » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:19 pm

Personally, I am glad this jackass finally got what was owing... the chop with everything he's involved with in media.

A professional prima donna with no talent or likeable qualities apart from seeing the back of him. I really don't know what people liked about him.

The one thing I love about Brand Sponsors is their grit and mostly their monetary influence. No sponsorship in media - no show. Awesome! :D

What are your thoughts on it?
The price is wrong, bitch

hot4teacher
Forum contributor

Re: Kyle Sandilands - Your Thoughts?

Post by hot4teacher » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:39 pm

Honestly, I don't have a problem with him.
I'm not sure why everyone hates him so much, he just seems like an average guy who tells it like it is.
I think he was very poorly treated with that whole rape thing. I didn't hear the whole thing, but it sounds like he was cheated and put in a very uncomfortable situation, and it sounded like he just had a brain explosion when he said "Is that all of the sex you've had". I don't think he meant any malice, and i'm sure he didn't purposely organize the whole situation.
I think that he was treated badly because it happened to him. Had it been someone else, like Hamish Blake or someone (particularly a female radio personality), I think the whole thing wouldn't have seemed like such a big deal.

As for "A professional prima donna with no talent or likeable qualities apart from seeing the back of him", I think that line probably goes for 70% of radio personalities (except Jackie O of course, whom we like to see the front as well ;p).

hippyd
Respected Uploader

Post by hippyd » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:45 pm

Kyle not Karl.Fixed, thephantom Even without the rape thing, putting a 14 year old girl in that situation and asking about her sex life is a piss poor effort. Jackie O is to blame as much as Kyle is too.

Pheus
Forum contributor

Post by Pheus » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:33 am

im glad to see him go because he gives me the shits, but i think this whole thing was an overreaction

dkparty
Forum contributor

Post by dkparty » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:27 am

Always was an over-rated, arrogant POS.

Hope he loses both jobs. And that Mother should be locked up,what a bitch.

savessh
Making some noise

Post by savessh » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:37 pm

Watch this and you'll see how much of a jerk the team is. I say the team because it's not just Sandilands.
http://www.abc.net.au/mediawatch/transc ... 644599.htm

SKaVeN
Respected contributor

Post by SKaVeN » Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:28 pm

Radio jocks will be radio jocks if the girl had not been raped the station would probably be calling the whole gimmick another controversial but successful publicity venture.

But are we possibly losing site of the more significant issue here?

What is of greater concern to me is what the hell sort of mother takes her 14 year old under-age daughter (who she knows was raped when she was 12) to be strapped to a polygraph on a public radio broadcast (even after she said she didn't want go through with it) to answer questions about her sex life? She was hand-delivered by only person who knew of the incident & who is supposed to be the girl's guardian & protector (ie: her MOTHER). And for what, a couple of concert tickets??? * me!!!

The second part of the blame goes to the radio station managers/producers who decide & have final approval off what goes to air. The idea was sick & they should never have approved of it in the first place. If they say it happened without their knowledge/approval then they need to take a bit more interest & responsibility on what happens on their own bloody radio station!

I don't know much about Kyle. I've never heard his radio show or watched any of his crappy television programmes but there's a couple of more people who deserve a larger proportion of the blame then he does. The managers can't do anything about her idiotic mother & they aren't going to sack themselves over it so looked at who was next in line to be the scapegoat.
The difference between ignorance and apathy? I don't know, and I couldn't care less.

Dv8
Respected contributor

Post by Dv8 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:12 pm

Kyle can be ok sometimes, but he can also be a total uber twat when he wants to be... i'm just glad I don't have to look at his bung eye on idol anymore

hot4teacher
Forum contributor

Post by hot4teacher » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:27 pm

Dv8 wrote:Kyle can be ok sometimes, but he can also be a total uber twat when he wants to be... i'm just glad I don't have to look at his bung eye on idol anymore
From what I've seen in the ads, there could be plenty of distractions anyway... ;p

gibbo
Respected Uploader

Post by gibbo » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:33 pm

dkparty wrote:Always was an over-rated, arrogant POS.

Hope he loses both jobs. And that Mother should be locked up,what a bitch.
Couldn't have said it better myself...

Return to “General Chat”